Tag Archives: animals
Squirrels talk too :D
After Monkeys and Geese….now I imagine my squirrels talk 😉
Can you smell them….?? I can smell them…. Can you smell them yet?
Yea man… I can smell them too.. But I don’t see them… Do you see them??
No… I don’t see them… But I can feel they’re fast approaching………
O my GOD ! They’re HERE…!!! Alert everyone!
In near future (April end) I am writing a series of “un-posted letters” on my blog and inviting guest posts for the same.
The compilation of this would have letters you never posted…the ones you wrote/wanted to write to your mother/teacher/neighbor/boss/husband/friend/ex but did not.. There is no need for names, you can address them to “an inspiring soul” or “a long lost friend” or “love of my life”..
Leave a comment in case you’re interested to be a part of this.
Connecting with Nature
How often do you take a stroll in a garden?
How often do you prefer walking than taking a vehicle?
How often you breathe in fresh air?
How often you read a novel under the shade of a sun?
How often do you notice nature’s beauty?
Are the above-mentioned things even important to you?
To me, it is…
Snaps from my recent visit to Lodhi Gardens – DelhiLodi Garden is one of Delhi’s most beautiful and popular parks. Here monuments are located amidst landscaped gardens. The most prominent are the 15th and 16th century tombs and a beautifully decorated mosque. There are smaller structures belonging to the late-Mughal period as well.
The Lodi dynasty in India arose around 1451 after the Sayyid dynasty. The Lodhi Empire was established by the Ghizlai tribe of the Afghans. They formed the last phase of the Delhi Sultanate.
As there is little architecture from these two periods remaining in India, Lodi Gardens is an important place of preservation. A favorite picnic spot and a joy for morning walkers with lots of greenery and trees.
Benefits of morning walk –
• helps to lose weight • reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke
• reduces type 2 diabetes risk • improves lung’s breathing capacity
• helps in the management of stress • helps to treat hypertension
• protection against miscarriages
• very beneficial for the people suffering from insomnia. 20-30 minutes’ walk after the meals in the night can help to reduce the stress levels and can also helps in the digestion of the food which in turn gives you a sound sleep.
• supplies fresh oxygen and blood to each and every cell of the body which is required for the transport of every nutrient in the body
• reduce the risk of cancer and if someone is already suffering from cancer then it helps in the fast recovery and survival of the person
• improves the brain power • add years to your life
Most common excuses for not going on a morning walk :
1. I am too busy 2. There are pet-walkers and the stray animals
3. The virtues of sleep 4. Walking is for the old, I work out
5. I play sports – that’s enough 6. Garden/Park is too far
I think we owe it to ourselves – to be connected to nature – make the best use of its gift. We may be too busy today, but won’t we be too late if we don’t take an action soon?
What monkeys think ;)
Hey, I heard some tourists came up here. Is it true???
Yea yea I can see them. They think we’re antique! HA. 😉
Really? You want a pic of me so badly? Can’t you just look in the mirror and use some “new” “modern” technology of yours and visualize how you would look if you were born say, a billion years ago?
Okay, don’t be so mean to them. They’re all our brothers. They even got us some food. Winters are approaching; it would be good to add all that to our stock.
Fine! We’ll be nice to them. But, hey, I am not doing any monkey dance for them. A picture is the max I can offer and that is how far I am going for that last banana.
Did you say it was the LAST banana????? 😐
New found love for PUPPIES
Well……to be honest, more than the new found love, its the new found courage to hold the puppies 😉
Love as always there- only for puppies- since they’re cute and don’t have big teeth. And- in my belief- mood swings which make them bite an arbit person 😀
Thanks to my maternal aunt and her unwavering faith in souls inside all animals- I picked up a puppy and played with it till I overcame my fear.
Not only that, my entire dog-loving-maniac family then fed the puppies and let them poop around in our garden 😀 Positive aspect being the fresh manure for our roses and papaya plants!!!
I sincerely hope, they don’t bite me when they grow up 😀
But anyways, my new found love has left me smitten. These cute babies follow me till the bus stand and auto rickshaw stand. Even when I come out on terrace and balcony, they come running to the door.
Dogs (puppies) are good friends INDEED….