Responses I get from people when I ask if they like rains/rainy season –
1. Eeeew! No! It’s so sticky-sticky and humid. No ways!
2. Naaah…It makes me feel depressed!
3. Ain’t no sunshine, the day doesn’t feel like the day! I feel so lazy!
4. The puddles on the roads spoil my heels/footwear/shoes..!! *thanks to Indian roadways department*
5. The clothes get wet, and they don’t dry easily. No I don’t like staying wet, or getting wet early morning. *you got to be kidding me*
6. Do you know how many diseases/infections spread in this season? Do you like Rainy season, *almost feels like someone is putting a pistol on my head* do you?
*After the last one, I decided not to consider my audience on this topic* 😀
But I love rains. And I have my own reasons!
1. It is romantic! It is, just look at the sky once in a while!
2. No rainbows unless it rains!!!
3. You can act like a kid, regardless of your actual age! Splash into water puddles and get dirty, since you’re wet anyways 😉
4. Walking with an umbrella is so cool, I mean this is the only time you can use umbrella as a fashion statement! 😉
5. Some dishes and sweets just taste better when its raining. I mean, seriously, there are rainy-season-special-sweets in India.
6. Walking in the rain, nobody can see you cry # never tried it, but read it somewhere!
7. You have an excuse to come late to office/take a day off by calling in sick 😉
8. It gives a perfect reason to enjoy a cup(s) of herbal tea/strong coffee (more than your usual in-a-day count).
I have always loved rains and will continue to enjoy this season just like the others!
Cheers! *coffee mug*